Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pictures In Grey

Certain things that I can imagine in grey..

Kathak Ghungroos
Kanpur

Restless furniture that changes behind our backs
Kanpur




Grey matter sitting silent
Kanpur

Tendrils in the fern
Kanpur

Clocktower
Kolkata

Skulls
Kaziranga, Assam



Actually,just about anything in the city of
Kolkata

Dying Lotuses
Sibsagar, Assam


Quiet Poultry
Mariani, Assam


The humming wind
Stone crevices, Bangalore


Gravestone
Indian Christian Cemetery, Bangalore


Waiting pans
Yelahanka Market, Bangalore


Strangers
Bangalore


People I'd like to befriend
K R Market, Bangalore


Unending drains
Dhobi Ghat, Bangalore

Seasoned Feet
Dhobi Ghat, Bangalore

There's a kind of solace I find in greys, I suppose I don't do justice to many things by denuding them of colour, but there's no other way I can imagine them. 

Most pictures taken in Bangalore were part of the photography course in class. An important tip that came very handy (that you might already know) was to never click pictures with the greyscale/ black and white option on one's camera because this rids the picture of a lot of colour values that give it depth. Instead, click in colour and grey it down/ desaturate on a photo editor.
Kolkata is an experience I can't capture entirely in pictures, but I'll visit someday, just to give it a try.

And here's a little collage with found images of little grey things that I like to look at sometimes....




These, and anything to do with winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment